Junk Mail?
I got two pieces of mail today that have me wondering.
The first, from NSM Records Department, contends that my adjustable-rate mortgage is about to go up and that I should investigate moving to a fixed rate before the Fed moves interest rates even higher. First of all, my adjustable rate is hardly "about" to rise; I'm locked in through 2010. Second of all, I hope to move well before 2010, so this is just wasted paper. I'll shred, of course.
The second, from my brokerage firm, wants "to remind me of the [XYZ Co.] tender offer which is open only to stock holders with 99 or fewer shares." I've received no notice of this offer, but I am somewhat intrigued, even though I don't think I am in the market to sell this beaten-down stock at the current. I'll have to follow up with the company and my brokerage firm to see if I can ferret out some details before the deadline, Dec. 1. (Nov. 29: I called my brokerage firm yesterday, but hung up after about five minutes on hold. Since I wasn't going to sell anyway, this this isn't a great loss. But I would like to know why my brokerage firm was lax in notifying me of this offer.)

<< Home