Earth Day
I was in middle school when I first got interested in the environment. News of acid rain, the Exxon Valdez, Superfund sites, greenhouse gases, global warming and similar stories of woe and despair left quite an impression on me. But as the media attention faded, so, too, did my interest. I didn't become a hard-core polluter, but taking personal responsibility for minimizing my impact on the environment was not my top priority.
During the past few years I've regained that interest and tried to change my personal habits accordingly. Rather than listing how I approach my relationship with the environment, I thought I would share the Earth Day Network site and Yahoo's Earth Day site--two sites with tips, facts and information on the environment and you.
$$$
Miscellaneous matters
- Taxes: I paid the feds and the state, and now I have to figure out how to prevent this from occurring next year. I don't want to owe again.
- Donation: Sponsored a friend in an MS walk. Feels good to help--and I won't mind the deduction, either.
- Heard back from my congressman after writing to him in November re the dividend tax. A fairly late response and a noncommital answer. I'm not pleased.

<< Home