My personal-finance journal and idea clearinghouse.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Net asset value at the first half came to $411,259.97, give or take a few bucks. While the total represents only a $618.16 increase from the first period, it marks a $109,719.73 increase from June 30 a year ago.

The small increase from the first period is fairly disappointing. Yes, stocks were up and down, but on the whole I think it represents the lack of attention I've given to finances. Yes, I've been busy with family and home, but I've had ample time to work if only I'd put my mind to it. That lack of focus has been the story of the year so far, and I'm not sure how to remedy the situation other than to again promise to knuckle down and start focusing.

There really isn't much to discuss in analyzing the figures for the year so far and the quarter. I've made a few moves here and there, but nothing of the sort that could really contribute much to the bottom line over the long term.

$$$

I think evidence of my flickering interest can be seen here in this journal. As a tool for keeping me focused, I've let it atrophy. Maybe logging this will be a start...

$$$

We're now at a make-or-break moment in the house search. We've gone back with our counterproposal on the inspection credit, and it is in the sellers' hands to say yes or no. Either way, I think we'll be happy with the result.